I’ve been thinking about this a lot of late and I guess it has pretty much come to this: I am officially scaling back on my stalking activities.
- It’s getting practically impossible to meet any big-name celebrities (International and Asian A-listers) in Singapore with all the VIP exit uses lately. It’s come to a point where you’ll only be wasting your time and you don’t even get to catch a glimpse/shadow of the artist. It’s almost like they teleported into town.
- Security is getting ridiculous tight. I get why there needs to be security surrounding the artist but having a group of like 8 security guards trying to fend off 3 people who stood at a distance to ask the artist for an autograph is a bit of an overkill isn’t it?
- I’ve already met so many amazing and cool people (celebrities and/or non-celebrities like crew, dancers, band, support staff etc) and to be honest, with all the security and VIP exit uses, it’s not as fun to ambush people anymore.
- I’ve been studying Korean for almost 2 years now and it has always been a life mission of mine to get fluent in a third language so I actually need to spend more time studying since I’m not doing beginner Korean classes anymore. That said, I would also like to achieve my peripheral life mission of chatting to my favourite Kpop Idols, ie Super Junior, BIGSTAR, CN Blue and A-Prince, in (conversationally) fluent Korean. XD
- I’m also embarking on something which is a next step for me and hence pretty exciting and daunting.
That said, it doesn’t mean I’m totally giving up on stalking, I’m just going to get selective and stalk people that I really like and/or when I know that I have a better odds of getting an autograph and a photo with them.
Still, I don’t think I’ll stop trying to stalk when I’m overseas as though. Mwahahahaha! There are countries where it is definitely easier to stalk celebrities for sure.
Also, I know some of you guys are still asking me for flight information and hotel details. I will still post them when I can and when I do, it is CONFIRMED information. However, I cannot confirm/guarantee that you’ll see or get anything though.
And just out of curiousity, would anyone be interested even if the information is not confirmed and just an educated guess? You can let me know via the comments below, or a mention on Twitter or via the contact form in the “Contact Information” part of this blog.
I’ll still post concert and stalking information on a best endeavour basis but I’ll also start posting more on other stuff which catches my whims and fancy… all in line with what I love of course, namely, music, entertainment and life.